Research Data Scientist (f/m/d) for Applied Biophysics
At Beiersdorf we have been caring about skin for more than 130 years. Throughout our history we have built trust by staying close to our consumers and developing innovative skin care brands that are tailored to their needs. We work as one global team, with one focus: making people feel good in their skin. Everywhere. Every day. Across our three main global skin care brands – NIVEA, Eucerin, and La Prairie – we cater for all sorts of needs and operate across different markets: massmarket, dermo cosmetics, and prestige.
At the applied biophysics department our aspiration is to provide relevant and superior technological solutions to measure and to improve the skin.
For our team we are looking for a scientist with AI and engineering capabilities that will help us discover the hidden correlations between skin, lifestyle and environment, and help us to provide smarter solutions and even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying machine learning techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building predictive models. We use a whole stack of tools to help our team to discover new scientific routes with and we are constantly adding to our toolset and are always open to new Technologies.
- The world becomes our lab. For the first time in science IoT, integrated sensors and cloud architectures allows us to do comprehensive research outside of labs. Help us to identify unknown impact factors and correlations to improve the life of our consumers
- Select and apply appropriate statistical methods, machine learning, and computing methods and help us to establish our vision of a complete new ecosystem of skin measurements, lifestyle tracking and environmental data for everyone
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Enhance machine learning approaches to build up a prediction engine on an individual bases
- Work together with experts from our international network of artificial intelligence and IoT startup and academia
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Share knowledge and enthusiasm by clearly articulating results and ideas to other scientists and key decision makers
- Excellent – ideally PhD – degree in computer science, informatics, applied mathematics, physics or a related natural science discipline
- Scientific creativity and enthusiasm
- Very good mathematical and physical expert knowledge in theory and praxis, especially in artificial intelligence and machine learning or IoT
- A proven track record in using Python and R, additional programming skills would be advantageous
- Excellent English language skills
Ready for a global career in an international company
You are welcome to apply without a cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application including a compelling curriculum vitae with all relevant references and certificates.
Located in the heart of Hamburg; Attractive remuneration; Flexible working hours; Training offers; Excellent pension scheme; Health support program; International working opportunities; Public transportation allowance; Sports and leisure activities; Employee discounts
Beiersdorf is known for its leading international skin care brands, including NIVEA, Eucerin, Labello, 8x4 and Hansaplast/Elastoplast. To maintain our growth we offer broad responsibilities and challenging tasks, enabling our people to raise the bar in all fields of our business - every day right from the start.