Data Scientist (f/m/d) Computational Linguistics
We are looking for a Data Scientist (f/m/d) Computational Linguistics to join our R&D Knowledge Management department to bring knowledge mining and discovery to the next level. Investigating our proprietary (“BDF R&D language”) and scientific domains (cosmetics, chemistry, life sciences), you will develop text mining and natural language processing (NLP) models to provide enhanced smart semantic search and text-analysis capabilities. This will also include the enrichment of our data/knowledge with external knowledge, e.g. patents and scientific data. With your strong analytical skills and language-technology experience, you will be a key team member in exploring state-of-the-art techniques and developing models for knowledge extraction, visualization and reasoning. In Beiersdorf’s Research & Development environment, you will work cross-functionally and contribute to our knowledge-driven innovation and development process.
- You will comprehensively explore and analyze the internal data landscape in R&D, focusing on unstructured text in proprietary and scientific domains, including (external) "big data" sources (e.g. patents, scientific literature, consumer data)
- Understanding the latest academic and commercial developments in NLP, machine learning and further AI-based technologies, you will develop models to foster enterprise-search and text-analysis capabilities, leading to more relevant, meaningful results, providing knowledge in a more condensed, smart and personalized form
- You will design, develop and utilize intelligent systems for modelling and migrating the output into visualized knowledge to also discover new insights
- You will work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems, identify meaningful insights and interpret and communicate findings and recommendations.
- You will present your findings in an easy-to-understand way to various audiences to inspire co-workers about disruptive AI-based approaches and concepts
This Position is initially on a two-year contract with an option to be changed to a permanent contract.
- Excellent master's degree in computational linguistics, computer science, data science or other related technical field with a focus on AI-based data/text analytics, cognitive computing, machine learning and/or natural language processing. First relevant work experience required, PhD with relevant focus possible.
- Able to peruse all kinds of internal and external data, information and knowledge, including scientific publications (scientific papers, patents, study reports etc.)
- Experience conceptualizing complex scenarios, meeting challenges and taking courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes
- Relevant experience in digital project management and agile ways of working
- Very dedicated and enthusiastic about research, with a special interest in interdisciplinary work and networking
- Excellent English and ideally good German language skills, or the willingness to learn German
You are welcome to apply without a cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application including a compelling curriculum vitae with relevant references and certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact our recruiter Regine Siebe every Wednesday between 1 and 2 pm via the telephone number: +49 40 4909 4956.
Located in the heart of Hamburg; Attractive remuneration; Flexible working hours; Training offers; Excellent pension scheme; Health support program; International working opportunities; Public transportation allowance; Sports and leisure activities; Employee discounts
Beiersdorf is known for its leading international skin care brands, including NIVEA, Eucerin, Labello, 8x4 and Hansaplast/Elastoplast. To maintain our growth we offer broad responsibilities and challenging tasks, enabling our people to raise the bar in all fields of our business - every day right from the start.